This is a great way to use up that second roll of phyllo pastry you find in a box or reason enough to get hold of a box in the first place ( just defrost one of the two rolls.) I know many people are very hesitant to work with phyllo pastry. My mother often [...]
Our wonderful friends residing on a farm in the Bot River area of the Western Cape, have a gorgeous, old, fig tree growing in front of their homestead. This time of year it is laden and Taryn is always very grateful for anyone who will assist with lightening the fig load. I am also very [...]
Unlike many banana breads out there – this recipe is for one that is light & delicate but with a glorious treacle dense flavour. It is delicious. I found the recipe in a not so often purchased edition of Donna Hay Magazine. Along with another recipe for the most scrumptious ginger cookies – this recipe [...]
A few posts ago i mentioned Liam Tomlin’s cookbook “Lessons with Liam.” My intention to cook my way through this book is happening & i am slowly making headway. Last Thursday evening i managed to work 3 of his dishes into a dinner party menu. All were spectacular! Hence it was no surprise that moving [...]
We are in the height of summer here in Cape Town. Thus the Summer Salad Series continues with this superb little recipe that embraces the fruity, fresh produce that fills our supermarket shelves this time of the year. I could re- name it a salsa because of the way the melon & cucumber are diced [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...