We have been house & dog sitting in the out of town area of Noordhoek for the last 10 days. What bliss. Waking up to & watching setting suns over the beach & sea horizon is pure remedy for any stressed out soul. Large lounging areas, beautiful plant covered porches and mountain backdrops added to [...]
Being able to make a good tomato sauce is an absolute kitchen basic, yet it is amazing how many different variations one can find out there (onion or no onion, vinegar or sugar or both.) I guess the best method in trying to find the ultimate recipe is by getting dirty in front of the [...]
One of the great last minute, put-together meals of all time must be a Pasta & Sauce. It is the easy of easy meals to make when you have run out of time or just didn’t have any to begin with. The variation i love to make uses sausage meat (taken out of the casing) [...]
The concept of meatballs in a curry sauce is quite new to me. I was recently introduced to this combination by my local curry spot round the corner from my home. How meatballs cooked in a tomato based curry sauce had never occurred to me before or why this combination had slipped past me whilst [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...