We are in the height of summer here in Cape Town. Thus the Summer Salad Series continues with this superb little recipe that embraces the fruity, fresh produce that fills our supermarket shelves this time of the year. I could re- name it a salsa because of the way the melon & cucumber are diced [...]
I find a certain joy in purchasing boxes of fruit as opposed to in those silly flimsy bags you have to fill and weigh, which lets be honest here does absolutely nothing for any fruit or vegetable. South african supermarkets do many a food item a huge injustice in this way. It’s just plain degrading [...]
This is easily my favourite salad of the moment. I think it’s got to do with a very satisfying combination of earthy but sweet, that is just. so. good. I know i posted another beet salad recipe a few posts back , but with the goodness that is the beetroot, i thought another recipe to [...]
I have incredible sponsors (HOMECHOICE) who give me great kitchen items to play with and test out in my home kitchen. Their ice cream maker is their best item i have laid my hands on to date. Yet the poor machine has been sitting in my kitchen for almost more than a month, neglected, but [...]
Summer weather in the mother city has certainly been inspiring some serious salad eating. I have a few more lined up to come your way shortly. But this one is a superb & popular combination (if not classic) to inspire you into some healthy eating of your own. As bikinis, short skirts & flimsy frocks [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...