I stumbled upon what must have been the last of the seasons tomatoes, all perfectly imperfect & awaiting purchase from the shelves of an organic vegetable shop deep in the South Peninsula. Part of the joy in housesitting in an area so removed from where one lives, is exploring & stumbling across shops, cafes & [...]
I am currently sharing a “desk” with a bird in a cage. Two hounds lie by my feet & i have the most glorious view overlooking Noordhoek Valley & beach. The sun sinks behind the horizon in direct line to the house’s front patio. It’s all quite magical. I wish i could say this was [...]
Hubby & I are deep in the throes of moving house. Meaning i hardly have time to think, let alone post, let alone eat. Why didn’t anyone warn me it was this exhausting? Okay, maybe a few friends did – but i couldn’t have imagined how much stuff we have accumulated & what a draining [...]
With most of this season’s festivities out of the way – if you like me – then you are probably pretty stuffed and taking extra long walks down the beach to alleviate some of the natural overindulgence that happens to take place this time of year. Hence an idea for some lighter lunching or an [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...