This is a great way to use up that second roll of phyllo pastry you find in a box or reason enough to get hold of a box in the first place ( just defrost one of the two rolls.) I know many people are very hesitant to work with phyllo pastry. My mother often [...]
I know the combination of spinach & egg stuffed into a pastry crust may sound a little strange off the cuff, but think about for a sec. Okay, just trust me. It works. This pie is a brilliant vegetarian option that humbles even the most avid meat eater. The egg gives a protein satisfaction to [...]
You probably think i should just change this blog to the Pie & Cake blog. I know, i know. I am very conscience of the fact the last many posts have had this particular slant. This is the last one of the sort i promise (well at least for a while.) What actually happened was, [...]
A brilliant, local, kitchen gadget business Yuppichef publishes an online magazine www.spatula.co.za Reading it last week got me thinking about Heirloom Recipes – for which the magazine started a competition incentivizing readers to submit some of their own. What is an Heirloom recipe you may ask? Well, it’s those recipes that have been in the [...]
I am so excited! As promised here is an approved recipe for fresh cherry pie. I used up those cherries hubby & I didn’t manage to devour ourselves & which also managed to escape being bottled & drowned in brandy for chocolate covered brandy cherries & cherry brandy in the making. There is something wonderfully [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...