The movie “Big Night” is directly responsible for this post. This 1996 film definitely classifies for me as a “foodie film. ” A brief synopsis : it is set around two brothers who run a failing Italian restaurant & their last hope in keeping the business alive is hosting this “last supper” of sorts. Starring [...]
I found myself intensely scowering (is that a word??) through the supermarket shelves the other day for a sachet of yeast. Just one. I was inspired to make pizza & use up all these delightful topping options awaiting my use in my fridge. Alas, there were none to be found so i had to think [...]
I always seem to struggle to find inspiration for a Saturday night dinner at home. I guess it’s because I feel like i should be out on the town trying a new spot or frequenting an old favourite instead of staying home. And then if i do stay home i tend to generally reach for [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...