I got such a positive response from my last post about parsley, that i thought i should help out with another recipe for those of you trying to work through the abundance now growing in your gardens or on your patios or balconies. This is exactly the sort of recipe that Hubby would hate, as [...]
This is just a quick snapshot recipe for one of the most delicious & easy throw together meals i love to eat. I added a touch of sophistication by topping the pie with wilted raddichio – which worked well to balance the intense, sweet shallots. Raddichio is bitter, not for everyone. If you do manage [...]
I had the smell of Autumn in my kitchen last night. Earthy flavours reminiscent of the forest floor. I could imagine the pine leaves scattered all over, mushroom caps just poking through from beneath, shy but wild. Then the hits of freshness overwhelming the damp, the musky. The power of our olfactory system is magical…….. [...]
I am lucky to have some fabulous friends who enjoy cooking & eating as much as hubby & I, which is probably why we remain friends with them. We even have friends who are lucky enough to be rearing their own animals for meat & have the land to grow their own veggies for the [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...