I seem to be making a lot of cakes recently. I am thinking it must be the onset of the chillier weather calling for a little bit of winter padding to not so sub-consciously make its way around areas that should probably be off limits. Our apartment which is proving to be freezing come Autumn [...]
I have always been drawn to the beauty of the mysterious, ancient fruit that is the quince. Her taste is clean yet rich, subtle but full. Unmistakable. Sadly she seems a neglected fruit. Her core a little to tough to manage, her skin a little too easily bruised. Thus a stranger to many a home [...]
January boasts some of the hottest weather in & around Cape Town. Hence , late afternoons are spend dipping toes into the freezing ocean & taking the dogs for long leisurely walks. Then, finally braving it but making it only up to the neck line. Ah – the view is something else. Bobbing in the [...]
The reasons for loving summer continue… It’s cherry season! If you happen to live in the Fickburg area in the Free State then you possibly know this all too well as you recover from Cherry Festival craziness. Unfortunately The Ficksburg Cherry Festival is a little too far for hubby & I to make the drive [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...