This recipe is one i have made so many times it would be silly to try and count.It definitely falls into the “most favourite” category of dishes that come out of my kitchen. That’s favourite to make & to eat. It’s everything a delicious home recipe should be : easy to assemble, doesn’t require dirtying [...]
You probably think i should just change this blog to the Pie & Cake blog. I know, i know. I am very conscience of the fact the last many posts have had this particular slant. This is the last one of the sort i promise (well at least for a while.) What actually happened was, [...]
I had a trip down memory lane when Mommy Dearest cooked up a batch of crumpets for late breakfast this last Sunday morning. “Remember the Tea Room Oceana?” – I get asked. “But of course, how could i forget!” Family outings to this Port Elizabethan seaside institution remains a childhood highlight. Crumpets with lashings of [...]
I have always been drawn to the beauty of the mysterious, ancient fruit that is the quince. Her taste is clean yet rich, subtle but full. Unmistakable. Sadly she seems a neglected fruit. Her core a little to tough to manage, her skin a little too easily bruised. Thus a stranger to many a home [...]
I am not sure why but i have been having this insane craving for fresh, home made scones, strawberry jam & great lashings of whipped cream. This might have been inspired by the beautiful jar of Madagascan Vanilla & Strawberry Jam a good friend of mine made & gave to me as a christmas gift. [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...