Unlike many banana breads out there – this recipe is for one that is light & delicate but with a glorious treacle dense flavour. It is delicious. I found the recipe in a not so often purchased edition of Donna Hay Magazine. Along with another recipe for the most scrumptious ginger cookies – this recipe [...]
My sugar coated youth came flooding back to me as i resurrected the recipe for these super easy chocolate treats. If memory serves me correctly, the recipe comes from one of my best friend’s of the time. I must have made these sweet bars about a thousand times back then and as i entered into [...]
I have absolutely zero experience with swede, the vegetable. I am not familiar with it & and i honestly can’t say i have ever seen or at least ever noticed it on any South African vegetable shelf in any supermarket or farm stall visited (until Monday). The poor thing. But, you have to love how [...]
I do try to shop & cook in season as much as possible, so it was with a tinge of guilt that i popped a punnet of sweet corn into my shopping trolley the other day. (Very not in season at the moment.) In all honesty, it wasn’t like i had much choice. I was [...]
This simple dish includes two of my favourite flavours. Dill & Saffron. Together they work magic bringing to life what could otherwise be seen as a very plain or ordinary dish. Saffron has something quite mystical & precious about it. It might be because of the cute little boxes it often comes packaged in, or [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...