This is less of a recipe than an idea or rather inspiration for a yummy & easy to assemble salad that looks ravishingly colourful too. The addition of feta works in may cases as the piece de resistance for many a salad. It gives a salty, rich quality that transforms the salad into something more [...]
After visiting friends over this past weekend i was sent home with an enormous bag of fresh cut italian parsley – from their garden. Lucky me. One could imagine being quite intimidated by such a gargantuan amount of fresh herb sitting in one’s fridge at home, but i willfully accepted the challenge of using it [...]
This is the ultimate of all sauces. A classic. Big on flavour. Bright in colour. Directly translated Sauce Green will transform simple grilled fish or chicken, enhance vegetables done in the pot or oven & a secret tip when mixed into mayo will make an unforgettable chicken sarmie. Change your food, change your life with [...]
Part of my job is having to be creative in the kitchen. It’s a dream job. However, conjuring new dishes to serve on a daily basis requires much knowledge about food & budgets and of course much inspiration. Luckily eating out not only feeds my hungry belly – the experience also provides the opportunity to [...]
I found myself intensely scowering (is that a word??) through the supermarket shelves the other day for a sachet of yeast. Just one. I was inspired to make pizza & use up all these delightful topping options awaiting my use in my fridge. Alas, there were none to be found so i had to think [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...