Our wonderful friends residing on a farm in the Bot River area of the Western Cape, have a gorgeous, old, fig tree growing in front of their homestead. This time of year it is laden and Taryn is always very grateful for anyone who will assist with lightening the fig load. I am also very [...]
Unlike many banana breads out there – this recipe is for one that is light & delicate but with a glorious treacle dense flavour. It is delicious. I found the recipe in a not so often purchased edition of Donna Hay Magazine. Along with another recipe for the most scrumptious ginger cookies – this recipe [...]
A few posts ago i mentioned Liam Tomlin’s cookbook “Lessons with Liam.” My intention to cook my way through this book is happening & i am slowly making headway. Last Thursday evening i managed to work 3 of his dishes into a dinner party menu. All were spectacular! Hence it was no surprise that moving [...]
If i have to be honest i am generally not a huge chocolate cake fan. Nope, more of a brownie girl. If i think about it – it’s often because many chocolate cake recipes are too dry and then these dry layers are sandwiched together with a rich butter cream icing that for me just [...]
I have incredible sponsors (HOMECHOICE) who give me great kitchen items to play with and test out in my home kitchen. Their ice cream maker is their best item i have laid my hands on to date. Yet the poor machine has been sitting in my kitchen for almost more than a month, neglected, but [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...