After visiting friends over this past weekend i was sent home with an enormous bag of fresh cut italian parsley – from their garden. Lucky me. One could imagine being quite intimidated by such a gargantuan amount of fresh herb sitting in one’s fridge at home, but i willfully accepted the challenge of using it [...]
The movie “Big Night” is directly responsible for this post. This 1996 film definitely classifies for me as a “foodie film. ” A brief synopsis : it is set around two brothers who run a failing Italian restaurant & their last hope in keeping the business alive is hosting this “last supper” of sorts. Starring [...]
The idea of pasta set in egg has tickled my fancy for a wee while now. In many ways it always appeared a little extravagant to me. That is in a negative kind of way. Perhaps a little crass, low end, if you can understand my thinking here. Making a savoury egg torte with pasta [...]
Being able to make a good tomato sauce is an absolute kitchen basic, yet it is amazing how many different variations one can find out there (onion or no onion, vinegar or sugar or both.) I guess the best method in trying to find the ultimate recipe is by getting dirty in front of the [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...