One of my new favourite grocery items is a vacuum pack of salmon/trout off cuts. It doesn’t sound terribly posh or enticing but it is an incredibly pocket friendly way of getting one’s hands on some delicious, lightly smoked fish. You may not be getting perfect ribbons of the finer packaged product – but in [...]
Post festive season generally means trying to overcome all the overindulgence that we fall prey to every year. This year i believe is no different. I blame mince pies. But whatever your christmas vice when we hit January it’s definitely with an outlook that embraces more exercise, lighter meals and depending on how much you [...]
A need for a quick & healthy lunch preferably wheat free, led me to plucking a punnet of the easy to use, ready to cook calamari and tentacles off the shop shelf. But what to do with it? A salad. A hot salad! Ideas starting buzzing in my brain on how to serve up this [...]
This is the ultimate of all sauces. A classic. Big on flavour. Bright in colour. Directly translated Sauce Green will transform simple grilled fish or chicken, enhance vegetables done in the pot or oven & a secret tip when mixed into mayo will make an unforgettable chicken sarmie. Change your food, change your life with [...]
Part of my job is having to be creative in the kitchen. It’s a dream job. However, conjuring new dishes to serve on a daily basis requires much knowledge about food & budgets and of course much inspiration. Luckily eating out not only feeds my hungry belly – the experience also provides the opportunity to [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...