I roasted a pork leg last week and totally over cooked the poor thing. Like, really badly. I totally blame my oven though I have a strong feeling the darn cooker box is getting old and starting to get grumpy and erratic. Which is not a good thing when you need a little subtlety , [...]
Unlike many banana breads out there – this recipe is for one that is light & delicate but with a glorious treacle dense flavour. It is delicious. I found the recipe in a not so often purchased edition of Donna Hay Magazine. Along with another recipe for the most scrumptious ginger cookies – this recipe [...]
We are in the height of summer here in Cape Town. Thus the Summer Salad Series continues with this superb little recipe that embraces the fruity, fresh produce that fills our supermarket shelves this time of the year. I could re- name it a salsa because of the way the melon & cucumber are diced [...]
I find a certain joy in purchasing boxes of fruit as opposed to in those silly flimsy bags you have to fill and weigh, which lets be honest here does absolutely nothing for any fruit or vegetable. South african supermarkets do many a food item a huge injustice in this way. It’s just plain degrading [...]
Post festive season generally means trying to overcome all the overindulgence that we fall prey to every year. This year i believe is no different. I blame mince pies. But whatever your christmas vice when we hit January it’s definitely with an outlook that embraces more exercise, lighter meals and depending on how much you [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...