I have incredible sponsors (HOMECHOICE) who give me great kitchen items to play with and test out in my home kitchen. Their ice cream maker is their best item i have laid my hands on to date. Yet the poor machine has been sitting in my kitchen for almost more than a month, neglected, but [...]
It’s been a while since i have knocked a batch of these babies out. Back in the day when i was producing baked goods “on tap” for a little cafe in the sweetest (& snootiest ) neighbourhood - tucked away in the leafy southern suburbs of Cape Town, this was a regular feature on the [...]
This isn’t technically a Tiramisu. Whoever might be the originator of this ever popular dessert would be turning in their grave at the mere association between this recipe and their traditional work of gastronomic art. But, like most things in life things change and morph with time and adapt according to taste and what ingredients [...]
My sugar coated youth came flooding back to me as i resurrected the recipe for these super easy chocolate treats. If memory serves me correctly, the recipe comes from one of my best friend’s of the time. I must have made these sweet bars about a thousand times back then and as i entered into [...]
It all started at 8am on a Monday morning with a simple agenda to go and taste ( supposedly ) the most authentic Pasteis de nata this side of Belem, Portugal (the home of this famous pastry.) Ultimately a custard tart, but when fresh out the oven with a superior flaky crust and vanilla but [...]
- MADELEINES 19/10/2011
- SUNDAY CRUMPETS & SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEAS IN THE GARDEN 30/04/2012
- PARSLEY ALMOND & CHILLI PESTO RECIPE 12/09/2012
- PEA & CORN SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE 25/10/2012
- BEETROOT & CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE 19/11/2012
- BRAISED PORK LOIN WITH GARLIC SHALLOT GRAVY RECIPE 25/03/2013
- GREEK SPINACH & CHEESE PIE RECIPE 22/03/2013
- HOME MADE FIG JAM CROSTATA 15/03/2013
- DONNA HAY – BANANA BREAD RECIPE 12/03/2013
- RICOTTA & BLUEBERRIES HOTCAKES RECIPE 19/02/2013
- Love Beets: I just love beets, they not only taste good but ar...
- Ammy: Fantastic to hear Letitia. Happy 2013. May you enj...
- Letitia McCallum: Came across this wonderful recipe when looking on ...
- Ammy: Hi Denise, hope you've managed to give them a try....
- Denise Rootenberg: Not fair while we languish in snow in Toronto. Got...